The Donor Relations Specialist will identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward businesses and corporate partners to further the mission of Habitat Kent. This position is part of the Resource Development team and works closely with Volunteer Services and Gift-in-Kind departments to ensure business and corporate partners are being engaged on many levels. The Donor Relations Specialist coordinates the donor experience through strategic communications, relationship building, and mission-driven experiences. Habitat Kent is focused on recruiting a diverse and equitable workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Qualified Candidate will:
- Create strategy and direction for corporate giving program, including a portfolio of approximately 125-150 corporate donors for which he/she is responsible for raising funds.
- Manage donor identification and portfolio growth; oversee cultivation and written proposal plans for projects and campaigns.
- Support grant and proposal writing.
- Work closely with Volunteer Services to coordinate volunteer days for donors in portfolio and build new relationships with corporate volunteer groups to grow donor portfolio.
- Oversee relationships with corporations to engage volunteers; facilitate relationships.
- Visit volunteer work sites to network and personally thank corporate partners.
Essential Job Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor of Arts in Development, Marketing, or a related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of successful fundraising experience preferred
- Experience in non-profit corporate development preferred
- Grant writing experience
- Sense of urgency, collaborative team style, and ability to quickly adapt to changes in priorities with strong decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks for timely project completions
- Strong organizational skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hard worker with strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with a broad array of people
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and donor database systems; Raiser’s Edge/Blackbaud database experience preferred
- Flexible schedule with availability, some nights and weekends
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority
- Must have safe driving record and reliable transportation
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefit package that includes:
- Comprehensive health/dental and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Paid time off; paid holidays
- A 403b retirement plan with employer match
This is a full-time exempt position. Send your resume with cover letter to: email@example.com by Friday, February 14, 2020.