Click on the opportunities below for full position descriptions:
Human Resource Generalist
The Human Resource Generalist in accordance with the affiliate’s mission, vision and core values maintains and enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resource policies, programs, and practices. This is a full-time, exempt position at 40 hrs. per week.
· Oversees and conducts the employee acquisition and onboarding process and provides retention and training support for employees and managers.
· Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
· Partners with leadership to provide advice and service to management on employee relations and performance management issues.
· Maintains a pay plan in coordination with the Compensation Committee by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
· Manages and coordinates employee benefit programs offered with third-party providers and employees.
· Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; and maintaining employee records.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field, or equivalent experience; familiarity with all areas of Human Resource Management and HR Generalist responsibilities preferred.
· Three to Five years minimum Human Resources experience in a Specialist or Generalist role, including proficiency in employee relations, compensation, benefits, training & development. Proven skills in policy development, administration.
· Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail. Very strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledge of and experience with labor laws and regulations.
· Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
· Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and OneNote and the ability to learn on various applications.
· Full-time 40 hrs./wk.; exempt position
· Health/dental, vision, and life insurance; employer-sponsored 403b retirement plan with 5% employer match; flexible spending plan
· Holiday pay and paid time off
Diversity and inclusion are valued and contribute to the success of our organization. Habitat Kent is committed to building a diverse staff. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities of color we serve. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
We have implemented a complete COVID Preparedness and Response Plan.
Send your resume with cover letter including salary expectation to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 7, 2021.
No phone calls or walk-ins.