Habitat for Humanity of Kent County seeks to fill the internship position of Assistant Site Supervisor. Working with the construction department you will perform tasks to assist Habitat Kent directly on the work site which will include working outside in the elements, in the office or warehouse, or driving trucks to make deliveries to and from job sites.
This position is an unpaid, temporary internship at 8-24 hrs. per week (part time). This position will report to the Director of Construction, but will also take daily guidance from Site Supervisors, Warehouse, or Facilities staff.
- Assist with hands-on construction tasks including, but not limited to, demolition, site prep, framing, siding, flooring, roofing, finish carpentry, painting and landscaping. Projects may include new and gut rehab homes, as well as Home Preservation, Critical Home Repair (CHR) and weatherization projects.
- Lead small groups of volunteers, ensuring that they are well-employed while on the work sites.
- Use volunteer management techniques to facilitate positive experiences for volunteers and partner families working on site.
- Maintain site safety through modeling of safety practices and guidelines, volunteer education, and site monitoring. Attend safety trainings with our construction staff.
- Help with materials management on site and at the affiliate warehouse and storage trailers. Pick up and organize materials needed for projects.
- Set up and cleanup project sites.
- Participate in regular planning and debriefing meetings as needed.
- Attend and participate in select affiliate events; responsibilities may include set up, cleanup, and engaging with attendees and informing them about our affiliate’s mission, and how to become a volunteer and/or family partner.
Position Requirements and Preferred Skills:
- High school diploma required.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Some experience with Construction related activity’s preferred
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Experience working as a member of a team
- Ability to drive large pick-up trucks with trailers preferred (or willingness to learn)
- Experience with power tools preferred
- Experience working with volunteers or teaching/group facilitation experience desirable
Please email resume to email@example.com.