Updated June 20, 2020
As we announce our phased reopening of in-person operations for Habitat Kent, our highest priority remains the health and safety of our entire Habitat community — staff, clients, volunteers, supporters, and all our neighbors across West Michigan, the state, and our nation. We are committed to a responsible reopening and have implemented a number of new safety measures based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local Health Department.
We are pleased to announce the reopening of our North ReStore on Monday, June 22—and donations can be dropped off beginning Monday morning at both locations!
(Note that the Habitat Kent office and construction sites remain closed to the public—including volunteers—until further notice.)
Here are the most important things to know before arriving at the ReStore:
- We will limit the number of shoppers allowed inside the store at one time. Please be patient and please limit the number of family members shopping with you.
- Face coverings must be worn by all inside the ReStore, with the exception of young children or those who are medically unable to tolerate a face covering.
- New social distancing practices will be in effect including physically-distanced aisles and queues, and physical barriers at checkout.
- New hand sanitizing stations will be present in the ReStore.
- Donation drop off hours will be limited to Monday-Friday from 10am-3pm and Saturday from 10am- 2pm. Donation pick-ups are still temporarily on hold.
Number of visitors:
The number of visitors allowed inside the store at one time will be limited in order to maintain required social distancing. Limiting the number of household members who shop with you will help all shoppers access the store more quickly. Please be patient with wait times as we navigate this new practice.
All ReStore visitors must wear cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others. Cloth face coverings fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at low cost can be used. Exceptions will be made for young children or those who are medically unable to tolerate a face covering.
All ReStore visitors and staff should maintain a distance of 6 feet from others throughout the store and while waiting in line. Social distancing markers will aid in maintaining 6 feet of distance at checkout.
There will be hand sanitizing stations available to customers at the entrance of the store, near the restrooms, and at checkout.
Donation drop-offs will be accepted Monday-Friday 10am-3pm and Saturday 10am-2pm. Donation pickups are still temporarily on hold. When you arrive, you will unload your donation in the designated drop-off area. If you would like a donation receipt, an associate inside the store can help you. Unfortunately, we are not able to accept upholstered items at this time. We look forward to accepting your upholstered donations as soon as it is safe to do so.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for the good of all ReStore customers! You must follow all posted instructions while visiting the ReStore. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and customers with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting the ReStore you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Thank you for helping to keep everyone healthy!
Other Important COVID-19 Updates:
Habitat Kent Workspace and Learning Center, 425 Pleasant St. SW, Grand Rapids, MI
- Only designated essential staff are permitted inside the Workspace and Learning Center until further notice.
- Habitat Kent staff continue to work remotely and all meetings will take place virtually.
- Habitat Kent staff can be reached by calling (616) 774-2431.
- Only designated essential Habitat Kent staff and scheduled contractors are permitted on Habitat Kent construction sites until further notice.
Homeowners and Homebuyers: