WHY AN ENDOWMENT FUND?
Stability and opportunity.
A well-funded endowment provides a permanent source of support for addressing Habitat Kent's existing and future needs.
- Allows the development and implementation of new and better programs while growing Habitat Kent's core services.
- Provides balanced income streams ensuring Habitat Kent's mission can weather periods of economic unsteadiness or unexpected expenses.
Endowments are vital to donors!
An endowment gift perpetuates the donor's values; it provides assurance that Habitat Kent's service to families in need will survive the donor.
- Your life's work and passion for change can live on indefinitely.
- The endowment principal will not be spent and will grow; providing a source of lasting support and personal legacy.
- Your annual giving to Habitat can last forever. For example: if you currently give $1,000 a year to Habitat Kent, a $20,000 endowment gift will ensure that Habitat Kent receives that annual gift of $1,0000, FOREVER! Your generosity will be invested in the lives of local low-income families in need of housing, FOREVER! (Actual distribution ranges from 4%-5.75% annually. Example given based on 5%)
Why Grand Rapids Community Foundation?
An endowment at GRCF means Habitat Kent's service will expand, remain healthy, and continue to revitalize our community's families and neighborhoods!
- GRCF handles investment management and oversight; all accounting and financial reporting; and an annual audit.
- Being invested in GRCF's larger pool of assets can lead to greater growth, greater income and lower investment fees.
- GRCF can facilitate complex gifts from donors.
- GRCF provides Habitat Kent's donors with access to planned giving resources; enabling Habitat Kent's staff and resources to be allocated to fulfilling its mission.
- Being listed in GRCF's annual report puts Habitat Kent's name and mission in front of our area's leading philanthropists.