HEART AND SOUL
Volunteers are the heart and soul of Habitat for Humanity
of Kent County. With the commitment of people like you,
over 300 local families have realized the dream of affordable
homeownership. Making a difference starts right here!
1-4 volunteers - What you
need to know
5+ volunteers - What you
need to know
Schedule individual volunteer opportunities online
Learn more about Habitat
Answers to frequently
What can volunteers expect from Habitat?
- Safe Work Environments: Safety orientations begin every construction day, and safety equipment is provided.
- Productive Work Days: Everything you need will be provided, and you'll see the tangible results of your work.
- A Chance to Learn New Skills: No experience is necessary - our site supervisors are trained to teach everything you need to know.
- Patience, Perspective and a Sense of Humor: We work hard and we have fun doing it!
What can Habitat expect from volunteers?
- Prompt Arrival: Having everyone at orientation makes our work sites safer and more efficient and helps finish homes on schedule.
- Safety: Follow instructions from your site supervisor for safety procedures and equipment usage.
- Commitment: If you sign up to volunteer, we count on you, and so do our homebuyer families!
- Flexibility: Sometimes weather doesn't cooperate, a task doesn't go according to plan or we need to refocus our efforts. Either way, we’ll make it work and hope you will too!
Before you strap on those tools . . .
Watch this Habitat safety orientation with building celebrity Steve Thomas. He'll guide you through the essentials and make sure you're ready for a safe day on site.